Thursday, June 10, 2010

Tiny Little Bottles...


From time to time I catch myself wondering through the beauty section of those big department stores and I am always amazed at the creative expression embodied in these tiny little bottles. How do you decide how to package a beautiful scent? Well, I think its more then just the scent...its the way the campaign makes us feel...its how we identify ourselves. I remember being in a design class in college and the instructor asked "what makes people drawn to certain products and not drawn to others?"... we all shouted out answers but we were all wrong... she said "people will always be drawn to items that actually reflect how they identify themselves." I think she was right. We pretend the packaging does not matter...but in reality, we are drawn to things that reflect us...or what we want to be.

Here is a selection of some of my favourite packaging designs for perfumes... :)


Chloe & Calvin Klein Euphoria


Marc Jacobs Daisy & Stella McCartney



Gwen Stefani Harajuku Lovers

Jessica Simpson Fancy & Armani Code


Anna Sui Secret Wish



No comments:

Post a Comment