Friday, June 18, 2010

Hurry Up and Wait...



"Hurry Up and Wait"...
I've heard this phrase repeatedly in the Fashion & Music industry...it tells of how there can be such an urgency to get to a certain place and when you get there, you are told to wait..........But I find this to be true in life...sometimes my days can feel like I am running, rushing to the next place, the next venue...to meet a deadline...but when I get there its like a stand still. So again, I wait........................

This can be a frustrating process. I personally like things to always be moving forward... onward and upward...growing, evolving into something more...and waiting seems like such a waste of precious time. But I've heard it said before, that patience is not waiting...patience is how you act while you are waiting. A lot of waiting can develop a lot of patience. Maybe that's what I need...maybe that's what God is trying to tell me:)

Here are some shots Chris took of me, while we were yet again waiting for a show to start...he caught me feeling restless and bored...and of course he was on his cell phone in a meeting while shooting...typical;) Sometimes stopping to smell the roses can be forced. I think sometimes God will bring things to a stand still so that we can snap out of our tunnel vision. During those waiting times, I can still be growing and evolving and dreaming of something bigger.

Dreaming is never a waste of time.










1 comment: