Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Story Teller...



Good morning Lovelies...now I know I have not posted in a few days but todays post is worth the wait. Annie Leibovitz is definitely one of my favourite photographers of all time and someone I am inspired by. Mind you...her work can definitely be a bit controversial...but having said that, no one can deny that this lady has got an eye to capture the most gorgeous light and emotion. She started her career in the early Seventies working for a little magazine that had just started called "Rolling Stone"... ya you heard me... she is responsible for many of the early rock and roll images that we consider classics today...especially since she was the official tour photographer for the Rolling Stones Tour of the Americas in 1975. She has photographed many very famous faces including John Lennon, Mick Jagger, Demi Moore, countless supermodels...and lets not forget, the Queen Mother herself to name a few. Annie eventually evolved into Fashion photography and her work frequently graces the pages of Vogue and Vanity Fair. My favourite thing about her work is that she really connects to the people she is photographing to really bring out who they are and capture that in a still image. She is a story teller and her images truly speak. Here are a few of her shots that I love.





























No comments:

Post a Comment