Saturday, October 1, 2011

quote me on this, my love...


hello beauties.
I am excited to announce..... drum roll please..... I have officially been "quoted"!
I was contacted several weeks back by tiastar.com to give a "quote" on my personal motto on fashion, as they wanted to incorporate it into their lookbook for fall. They were seeking out creative Canadians who are into fashion, and I was honoured to even be contacted. I in no way consider myself a "fashion expert"... in fact, I don't believe such a thing exists. Fashion and style are like art.... completely subjective. Just because something may be trendy, does not mean it suits everyone or even makes sense for everyone. Its all about feeling good getting dressed everyday. So what was my official quote you ask?..... well i must say it was a strange experience to ask myself my "motto".... but when I cleared my mind and thought about what I feel about getting dressed everyday.... here is what ensued....

"Style is a state of mind."
-Melanie Greenwood, VisionCity.biz

Simple. To the Point. And most of all, honest.
Style is truly a state of mind for me... its feeling confident and comfortable in my own skin. Its accepting myself and loving myself, just as I am. Its about not apologizing for pursuing the best version of myself. Its playing in my closet. Its cutting a strapless dress in half to make it into a skirt.... with scissors from the kitchen...lol....voala! Its layering all the fun pieces together that make me smile and walking out my front door. And smiling on the inside all day long....
xo.

To view the lookbook for TiaStar.com, click here:

p.s. I must also ad... I love how they decided to incorporate Llamas into the lookbook shoot... unexpected, yet.... brilliant! :)



1 comment: