Thursday, April 15, 2010

Stupid is as Stupid does.

I keep seeing these Diesel ads and I just need to get something off my chest. I personally am not all that into the Diesel brand...its not that I don't like it, its just not my first choice...but then I see their latest campaign on bill boards when I'm driving around Toronto...with their cheeky phrase "Be Stupid".







I don't mean to be a hater...honest...I am the last person to flat out not like an ad...but come on people! "Be Stupid"???... as if there are not enough little girls out there running around being "stupid" and having to suffer the consequences of their "stupidity"... like out of all the things this huge clothing brand could put out into the public as a message about their company, the best thing they came up with is "Be Stupid". Come on Diesel, you can do better then that!

In these ads "Being Stupid" is being compared to being creative, adventurous, fun, really living life...etc...etc... but the last time I checked the most creative, fun, alive, adventurous people were anything but stupid... we should be encouraging people to do something positive. For sure life should be fun and create amazing memories... but I have traveled all over the world and met tons of young girls at shows who had lived "stupid" and now are dealing with addictions, STI's, unwanted pregnancies, abusive boyfriends...etc...and theres nothing cute or cool about looking into a young girls eyes who is completely broken.

People, stupid is stupid... i choose to live life on purpose and lift people up and inspire others to do the same. Life is too short to live stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment