Friday, April 29, 2011

Making History...


I flew red eye from LA last night...leaving at midnight and heading home to toronto. While in the air, I suddenly realized at about 1am that the Royal Wedding was about to start on the other side of the world in London...so I quickly grabbed my headphones and turned on the Live TV footage ...watching history unfold before my eyes. I mean, here I am 30,000 feet in the air watching real time as the future King and Queen get married! Wow, I love technology...
I felt like a fly on the wall of a beautiful world changing event, taking it all in...
What many people may not realize is that Will and Kate's wedding is more then just another wedding. It effects the entire culture of the UK, it effects politics, the economy....umm hello! their faces will end up on our money! lol. oh and of course lets not forget Fashion! I assure you women all over the world will want to emulate Kate's look for their own weddings. Speaking of which...at first I was unsure if I liked her dress but the more I watched, the more I realized it was a perfect choice. She reminded me of Grace Kelly on her wedding day...classic, regal and completely feminine. She looked like Royalty, which is the whole idea of course...but still young and modern. The dress was designed by Sara Burton of the Alexander McQueen Fashion House
Brilliant.
Seeing as we're on the fashion topic...ummm... the Brits are serious about their hats eh? omg!
but hey... what do us westerners expect....? the Royals are not going to change their customs to suit the "modern world"... plus.... they added tons of whimsy to an otherwise intense and nerve racking event... they were the comic relief! ha. Gotta love it.
For me though, the best part of the wedding was that these two people are actually in love. It radiates from them... what a breath of fresh air.
Now I know, photos and videos are everywhere showcasing the wedding, but well... I had to! this is truly and event of the century.
Congrats to William and Kate!





No comments:

Post a Comment