Friday, April 8, 2011

Au Naturale.


Its no secret that I am a huge fan of Fashion inspired by our First Nations People. The Moccasins, the suede, the feathers, the overall textures, Fur (well...faux of course)...I adore it all:) I remember being up in the Arctic Circle last year with my husband on a music tour and encountering elderly women who had lived within a very isolated location of the earth, with little to no "Fashion world" influence...and I remember thinking, these women's outfits rock! Its like they had no idea how "Fashion forward" they actually were. They looked ethereal and striking, and as though if you had the chance to sit with them, they would have many stories to tell. They wore layers of fabrics, covered in patterns and suede. They were naturally beautiful and they were not trying to be anyone but who they were. When I came across this spread in Vogue Spain, it reminded me of the natural beauty I experienced up North. This modern day fashion Spread just scratches the surface of the beauty of our First Nations People and their culture. oh ya...and the photography is absolutely stunning. LOVE.

Magazine: Vogue Spain
Model: Toni Garrn
Photographer: Alexi Lubomirski



No comments:

Post a Comment