Monday, April 18, 2011

the eye of the beholder...

Question....
is it me, or do you ever feel like people are trying to spoon feed you with what they consider to be the thing of the moment...whether it be fashion, art, music...? I felt that way this morning while driving downtown, listening to the radio. Then I realized something... there is a huge difference between Design & Art. Design creatively meets some kind of need in society....while Art on the other hand, is all about what the artist wants to create for their own personal reasons, regardless of what people think. Designers want their designs to be embraced and used... Artists may want that too but as the saying goes "Art is what you can get away with". Thats why artists tend to be the ones in society who are controversial... well...because they can:) For me, the artists I am drawn to are a combination of both.... they explore their own creativity, while having an awareness of the world around them and how their art will effect people. They realize that art is a gift and it holds the power to inspire. I guess my point is, we are Not spoon fed, we are free to choose what we want to embrace as our own. We are the beholder, but we are also the artist. We choose what we will receive and what we will send out into the world.
Kinda deep for a Monday right? ....but hey, thats whats on my mind:) xo.




No comments:

Post a Comment