Saturday, January 22, 2011

the inspired will inspire...


I was flipping through February's Marie Claire and I came across this amazing woven tank design...and when I looked at the credits, I was intrigued by what it said. The designers name is Lauren Manoogian and her story is one that inspires me.
She is an artist with a small studio in Williamsburg, Brooklyn NY and she is being referred to as a fashion pioneer because of her creations with wholly organic and unusual objects. Her designs consist of mainly accessories and ready to wear knits. She gathers materials from everywhere... Im talking scrap metals, warehouses and even office supplies. She stands out with bright colours and unusual ideas, which is really refreshing! She even launched her line with a collection of brightly coloured necklaces made of paper clips and painted leather bracelets. Like, talk about taking a chance... launching a fashion accessory line made of paper clips in New York... one of the biggest fashion capitols of the world! wow. But guess what...people liked it and now her pieces are showing up in mags everywhere.... :)

This chick inspires me because she is following her heart. Sometimes your heart will lead you out on a limb, but when you are at peace with your own heart, being out on a limb is the most comfortable place you can be. Food for thought.

I leave you with a quote from Lauren that I completely relate to:
"I love that this is my job and that anything and everything is fair game and ‘work related’ because you never know where ideas will come from. The rest of the business is discipline.”

Here is her studio in action...





No comments:

Post a Comment