Thursday, November 3, 2011

and so it begins...my love.


hello beauties.
tonight I write to you all with a smile on my face...
As many of you now know I am about to launch my first ever screen print art collection "BORN FOR THIS" and if no one else ever saw them, I'd still be smiling. Why, you ask? Because the concepts and messages represented in this collection have been inside of me for years and have finally bubbled up over the surface in the form of art prints, and its like I've just given birth to a baby. deep eh? yes, it is:)
Now, I do not want to just flat out show them to you before the launch date... (even though I would like to... but that would kinda defeat the purpose of a launch date...lol) but I will give you a little insight into my thought process. You see, I was not really intending to launch a "collection"... or even any prints at all. However, after a series of doodles in my sketch book that began to tie together and form messages, I thought.... "hey, this would be kinda cool on a wall in a creative studio or something...".... and so, it began. A little idea to maybe print out one or two message driven art prints, turned into a 12 piece collection. My only governing thought while making these was... "what would inspire me?"... "what would I put up in my design office? or frame and put up on the wall in my living room?". Messages surround us everywhere we go, but I wanted to be intentional about what I surround myself with. I want to be inspired every day to grow, to take chances, to laugh... to be light hearted.

Now, since I am making you all wait for the release date...
NOV. 15
I at least wanted to wet your appetite and show some photos of unexpected messages, inspiring places and textures that helped shape the collection.
enjoy. xo




No comments:

Post a Comment