Sunday, September 11, 2011

letting go...


hello beauties....
I must share with you all a beautiful day I experienced yesterday while styling a music video shoot for my friend Eimi Hall Middlekauff, in Southern California. Now..... as you all know, I am not a fashion stylist, however in this case, I knew the vibe Eimi was going for, and I happen to have the perfect pieces in my closet.... so.... I played Stylist for the day! so much fun;)
We shot on location in the hills of Yorba Linda, and later made our way to the top of a stunning cliff, just in time for sunset. The weather was mild and breezy and perfect for the shoot. Eimi's song "Open the Door" is a beautiful acoustic song she wrote about letting go of the memories and hurts that weighs us down in life. Its about realizing there is such a beautiful future ahead... if we would just left go of the past and turn our faces forward toward the future. I've heard it said before ...we must let go of that painful thing we hold so tightly in our hands so that our hands are free and open to receive what God wants to give us... how??? forgive.
I always tell Eimi her voice sounds like a mix of Feist and Norah Jones.... and that is no exaggeration. When she sings you can feel the emotion of the lyrics and how much each word means to her. Not only is she is a brilliant writer, singer and guitar player.... but she also wrote the treatment and art directed the video. We had a great team of artists (all girls!) .... all working together as if we had been doing this for years. It was a refreshing day to say the least and I can't wait to see the video edit once its done. xo.

Music Artist: Eimi Hall Middlekauff
Videographer / Photographer: Jenna Anderson
Make Up Artist: Giovanna
Actress: Amber Johnson
Stylist: Melanie Greenwood





No comments:

Post a Comment