Saturday, November 20, 2010

Honest Approach.



I've been researching the most influencial portrait photographers and I keep coming across works by the one and only Brigitte Lacombe. Originally from Paris and now residing in New York, Brigitte has captured the most famous and interesting faces. There are many things I could say about her work but I think the thing I love the most is that her photos are honest. They really capture the soul of the person...she seems to wait until the person is willing to truly show who they are and then she begins to shoot. In a recent interview, she said when shooting portraits she asks everyone to leave the room so that she can work one on one with the subject, so that her and her subject can interact and create images that are real. What a refreshing thought...I mean...it just makes sense. Here are a selection of her images. Enjoy. xo











(Bridgitte Lacombe)

No comments:

Post a Comment