Monday, October 11, 2010

Delicately Strong.



I came across these images on a photography blog and they stopped me in my tracks. They feature pieces by Designer Yiqing Yin. She is originally from China but went to school in Paris after living as a Refugee. She also worked as a model and models in her own promo below...
I love the above photo. It feels like something out of an old history book...with the powdery tones of grey and desaturated pink. They feel almost ghostly...so they truly stand out amongst the very modern clean images that we see everywhere these days. I also love the feeling of the last pic...with that flowing white dress. There is such a feeling of strength in the photo, even though she is wearing such a delicate piece. But I think that is the secret of every woman...even though we may be delicate and love pretty things, we have an inner strength that rises up and surprises the people around us. We are delicately strong...








(The Designer Yiqing Yin, modeling her own design)


(In her studio...)



No comments:

Post a Comment