Friday, August 19, 2011

water & colours.


Good Morning Lovelies...
Im sitting here sipping my morning coffee after dropping my hubby to the airport for a concert booking.... grazing through inspiration on Esty.com.... when my grazing came to a screeching halt with these stunning water colour fashion illustrations.... WOW.....who is this artist???!
I must know!! .... well folks.... Her name is Cate Parr, born in England, now residing in none other then Los Angelas;) She runs her own studio doing fashion illustrations for designers and fashion Mags.......ummmm Brilliant! I'm so glad that fashion illustration is coming back into fashion marketing...as they say, everything goes in a circle.... I mean, fashion illustration was the only way designers could present their work to the world before photography took over. I've seen lots of illustration pieces showing up in mags and product packaging... its so refreshing! I love how Cate's illustrations are so ethereal and feminine yet there seems to be a tone of strength within the girls in these pieces. The images are dream like in quality but powerful in their feeling. Isn't that the amazing thing about women?... that we may be delicate and feminine on the outside yet within us is a powerful force? and Im not talking about seduction or manipulation.... because those are the lowest forms of a womans power, Im talking about something so much deeper.... Im talking about innovation....creativity.... nurture.... love...
oh yes my friends, women are a mighty force.
To all the women reading this blog, you are our modern day heros.
You are our moms, sisters, best friends, bosses, co-workers.....
You are a powerful force in our lives and we need you. xo

To view Cates Esty Page, click here:

1 comment: